We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager, with 5+ years’ experience, who is eager to take on new challenges.
About Camex Civil
As one of the Central North Island’s leading civil contractors, we are experts in large scale earthworks, civil siteworks, 3-Waters infrastructure, process plant upgrades and subdivisions.
We have created a strong reputation for quality services, providing on-time workmanship and being an enjoyable family-orientated team to work alongside. This is because, at Camex Civil, we strongly believe in a culture of teamwork and training, with our staff being one of the main reasons for our on-going success over the last 22 years.
Right now, our company is growing, with increasingly more interesting projects knocking on our door! That means, we need YOU. We need someone who is just as passionate about the work and helping the team out wherever needed in this busy, ever-changing environment.
About the role
This role will suit Project Managers who are looking to further their career and opportunities with a rapidly expanding organisation. The work is varied and challenging within a great team environment.
The purpose of the role is
- To provide management oversight and accountability for contract and resource management on assigned projects to ensure on time delivery, within specifications and agreed costs.
- Maintain financial control and accountability for achievement of the company objective, through tracking job costings and supporting the project claims process.
- Support the organisation to provide excellent, proactive service to clients and liaison with key stakeholders so as to ensure long lasting business opportunities.
- Ensure Quality Assurance, H&S and Environmental Control plans are maintained and abided by.
- Manage, support and mentor staff to strengthen the capabilities of the Operations team and enable future growth.
What you need
- At least 5-years experience as a Project Manager in the New Zealand civil industry with experience in land development and drainage works.
- A sound understanding of the local authority construction standards.
- The ability to use and develop programmes.
- Innovative approach to problem solving and risk management.
- Excellent client facing interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Proven project delivery record, managing multiple projects and their financial ownership.
- Thorough understanding of environmental, health and safety management practices and legislation for construction sites.
- Ability to support and manage a team in a manner that fits Camex culture.
- Competency with computer technology.
What the role offers
With our team, you will gain exposure to a broad variety of interesting projects and be provided the opportunity to further your personal development.
This all happens with the support of a great team culture in an organisation that values, supports and listens to its people. Providing great reward, training and competitive rates.
Join a team that is known for its supportive culture and high-quality work in civil and commercial construction projects. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
- At this time, we are only considering applications from candidates with current right to live and work in New Zealand.
- Successful candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test.